Thursday, May 26, 2011

American Idol Winner Scotty McCreery is Still Second

Young Garner, N.C., Resident Crowned Winner of Season 10

PLANO, Texas, May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite winning Season 10 of American Idol, Scotty McCreery was telling the world he is second during last night's finale. Since the beginning of the season, McCreery has been seen wearing a black I Am Second bracelet on his right wrist, showing his support for the groundbreaking I am Second movement (http://bit.ly/illiHd).

I Am Second is a multimedia movement that chronicles the personal stories of struggle and transformation of celebrities and everyday people.

"In a competition where it is easy to get caught up in the greatness of 'me,' it is refreshing to see a young man who can remember who really is first," said Mike Jorgensen, I Am Second executive director. "Though we have never spoken with Scotty about I Am Second, it is inspiring to see him take part in the movement and confidently display his faith to millions each week."

McCreery displayed the revolution of second after the winning announcement was made in last night's show. "I thank the Lord. He got me here," McCreery said.

I am Second is designed to help individuals discover hope. The I Am Second website includes authentic video stories related to a variety of personal struggles, including abuse, addictions, pride, eating disorders, broken families and the search for success and meaning in life.
Celebrities featured include American Idol Season 7 contestant Jason Castro; former Korn band member Brian "Head" Welch; child actress Bailee Madison; 2010 American League MVP and Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton; surfer Bethany Hamilton; and football stars Bradie James, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford.

e3 Partners launched I am Second in December 2008 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area with billboards and a variety of other advertising designed to raise awareness for the iamsecond.com website. Additional media support has since launched in Orlando, Kansas City, and Evansville, Ind. Other cities are in the planning stages. For more information, visit http://www.iamsecond.com.

SOURCE I Am Second

No comments:

Post a Comment